Note: The rental policy is subject to change at any time without notice. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 231-620-8783.
▪ Renter must be 18 years of age with valid driver’s license to rent any of our boats
▪ Qualified persons other than renter who plan to operate rental equipment MUST be present with the renter for full instruction and will be required to fill required forms.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone whom we feel is not capable, mature, and/or comfortable enough to operate our equipment.
▪ We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
▪ Rentals are for Torch Lake and the lower chain of lakes.
▪ All renters and those who plan to operate or drive our equipment must be present at the time of instruction and fill out applicable forms. ▪ Renter must be present to complete the rental contract.
▪ All persons involved with our activities acknowledge that said activities are potentially dangerous and agree to hold M & K Marine, all owners, employees and affiliated properties harmless.
▪Reservations are required. Call 231-620-8783.
▪Place your rental fee on a credit card through our site to reserve. A $500 credit card hold deposit will be collected just prior to launch.
▪ Full rental refund must be called in 72 hours prior to rental. See weather cancellation policy for more details.
Boat pick up must happen at the reserved time or you forfeit your reservation. It is recommended that you arrive 15 minutes before your reservation time to load the boat. If parking a vehicle at Torch River Access Site there is a daily fee from Michigan DNR.
▪ Reservation deposits can be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Check deposits are available for early reservations (credit card still needed on file).
▪ We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
▪ All credit card transactions must be made by the person named on the card. A valid driver’s license must accompany the credit card.
▪ No cancellations will be accepted other than as stated in “Reservations”.
▪ We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for violations of our policies.
▪ We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather. Please see “Weather” for more details.
▪ No refunds for early returns.
▪ No refunds on multi-day rentals, alternate day or alternate year.
▪ It is inevitable that reserved equipment will occasionally be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances at the time of your rental reservation. We reserve the right to offer you substitute equipment of equal or greater value in lieu of the originally reserved equipment at no extra cost to you. If no alternate equipment is available, we really have no choice but to reschedule or cancel your reservation.
▪ We require a pre-authorized credit card imprint in the amount of $500 on each pontoon.
▪ Renter is responsible for any and all damages to our equipment, while in your care, up to and including replacement cost.
▪ Renter will be refunded full $500 if the machine is brought back in the same condition as it was rented.
▪ All Damages in excess of $100 must be reported to M & K Marine and may be reported to local law enforcement, if necessary.
▪ If damage occurs repairs will be made by a local qualified boat shop at our discretion.
▪ M & K Marine wants the following to be known. Damages greater than $100 are very infrequent (normally no more than 2-5 occurrences per year). We do not profit from damages. The renter is responsible for the cost of repair and/or replacement. We will charge for equipment downtime or the time it takes M & K Marine to coordinate repairs.
▪ M & K Marine offers no insurance coverage on equipment during your rental.
▪ Please check with your homeowner, auto, or credit card company to see if there is an insurance option available to you.
▪ What constitutes good and bad weather for water sports activities is highly subjective. The following are things the renter shall keep in mind regarding weather
▪ As mentioned in “Cancellations”: We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather.
▪ Multiple-day rentals do not get refunds or additional days added on to rentals because of lost days due to weather. This is reflected in the discounted price of the multiple-day rentals.
▪ While Northern Michigan summers are generally known to be very nice, we understand that there are certain weather-related events that make our rental activities unsafe. Obvious cancellations include all day thunder, lightning, and/or rainstorms.
▪ DO NOT rely on weather forecasts! These are only predictions (especially precipitation) and not necessarily what will take place. For example, there are many days throughout the summer in Northern Michigan that are forecasted a certain percentage of rain but turn out to be gorgeous days. Do not be scared by the rain cloud on TV or online…especially when it’s only a 10-30% chance. If the morning looks uncertain, there is a very high probability it will be beautiful once the sun gets higher in the sky; usually somewhere between 10 am to 12 pm. We will not cancel unless it’s proven otherwise.
▪ We will not cancel based on weather predictions or before the morning has a chance to clear up.
▪ While some parts of the lake may be windy and rough other parts may be calmer and very nice. We will gladly show you where the best places to go are based on weather conditions.
▪ Dress for the weather. It can be a good idea to pack a sweatshirt, windbreaker, or blanket in case you get a little chilly.
▪ Occasionally we get the brief afternoon thundershower. As long as it is not an all-day event we do not allow for cancellations or partial refunds * Cooler, overcast, or windy days ARE NOT considered “inclement weather”
▪ Guest is responsible for gas/fuel used during rental.
▪ Your boat will have a full tank of gas/fuel at the start of your rental. The boat/equipment will be refueled by M & K Marine and paid by the renter at the end of the rental. Gas/fuel will be charged at the gas dock price plus $1 per gallon. Guest has the opportunity to gas/fuel boat themselves at end of rental and not pay the $1 per gallon charge.
▪ Remember to have funds (i.e. cash or Visa/MasterCard) on hand to pay for the fuel at the end of the rental.
Select your rental dates and confirm your boat before it is too late!